Tuesday, September 10, 2013

And...culture shock!

Still processing the fact that I saw the tallest mountain in the world yesterday. Every time I think about it I can't help but smile. Just...Wow.

If it was a little jarring getting back to Kathmandu (which...Still not a fan of) after trekking through villages for 2 weeks then getting into Kuala Lumpur was like getting hit by a truck. But kinda in a good way.

Arrived last night and found my hotel apps 9 and instantly headed back out to Chinatown for some food. This journey did not disappoint. Pineapple fried rice (in a pineapple!) and some black pepper squid...So good!

The only bad pay off the evening was listening to some equivalent of the "fruity oaty bar" jingle on repeat for 45 minutes while eating. I nearly pulled a River Tam on the whole block.

Some power tourism on my one day in the city today. I don't know much about KL other than Rob telling me it is humid (it is) and rolling up the Petronas towers in katamari.

No comments: