Got incredibly lucky on the first jungle cruise of the stay yesterday and managed to see a group of pygmy elephants. They sometimes go months without seeing these here...So, very lucky.
Not only did we find them yesterday, but we were so close I needed to switch away from my zoom lens because I couldn't get the whole (very small) elephant into the camera frame.
Also saw a lot of proboscis monkeys playing in the trees along the shore of the river.
The night cruise featured a 3 month old crocodile and a bunch of owls.
This morning I saw several types of hornbills, some storks, some beautiful kingfishers, and a pair of 12 foot plus crocodiles.
Really hoping to see some orangutans today or tomorrow.
Crossed the halfway point of trip last night. Did a little bit of logistics planning and have most of the rest of my time over here worked out with a few variable left to figure.
2 comments:
Really? Pygmy elephants? As cute or cuter than pygmy goats?
Post a Comment