Day on the road. Pretty much all day. Got picked up from my hotel at 8:30 and got dropped at my next hotel at 8:45. I'm now in the area around mount bromo for some more sunrise action tomorrow morning (early) and a little hiking around before another long day in a van to the next volcano tomorrow afternoon/evening.
Also, I learned how Indonesian traffic works. The person with the right of way is the person in possession of the least number of fucks. As in the driver who most believes "eh, I can make that...who cares if I kill everyone?" has the right of way. My driver today did not have many fucks to give...So he claimed the right of way a lot. I spoke to a couple from Holland who said their driver got 2 reckless driving tickets today (I saw what got him one of them... Wow!) and I would say that he might have been in possession of negative fucks and always had the right of way.
No comments:
Post a Comment