In 2003, while following Pearl Jam around the country, a rumor developed about me on the band's official website and message board. Said rumor stated that I was a blonde Australian surfer with a trust fund who was going to all the shows. The message thread was uncovered just before the Kansas City show and a great laugh was had by all over a quick print out made at a library. (oh the days before smart phones when you didn't carry the Internet in your pocket)
Anyways...with a beach day in the agenda today, I decided to give something a try I never had before and rented a surfboard for a few hours. I managed to stand on my third wave and spent the next two hours riding some very easy beginner waves at Playa Manuel Antonio.
So now I'm blonde. I can (kinda) surf. I think that is as close as I'll get to fulfilling the rumor about me because I don't know that I'll become Australian or her a trust fund anytime in the future. But the rumor just went from 25% true to half true.
I called an audible for my final stop for the trip today. I was planning on going to Montezuma for Xmas on the beach, but ultimately decided that just wasn't me. Instead I found an ad for a hostel/microbrewery in some mountains a little southeast of San Jose. That sounds perfect! So now, my Christmas will be full of beer and hiking! They also have a big screen for movies at the hostel...I can only hope they play the best Xmas movie ever...Die Hard.
Pic of the sunset in Manuel Antonio and the beach where I learned to surf today.
No comments:
Post a Comment