Different kind of hike today. Walked the quetzal trail between Boquete and a neighboring town. Shortish hike of 6 miles one way that I did as an out and back that would have been a nice stroll through a cloud/rain forest were it not for the fact that it had been and still was raining. So much mud and a very thick cloud of food over the whole area. It was actually pretty awesome...but wet and dirty.
The only bummer of the day was the total lack of a bus or cab showing up at all on my walk back to town from the trail head so I got to walk another 6 miles just for fun. The upside of this was seeing the valley where a lot of gringos had retired to and their massive houses.
Tomorrow I head to Costa Rica. Not sure exactly where yet. Maybe somewhere south maybe I'll just blow up through San Jose. The south option takes me well off the beaten path...but probably costs me at least a day or two in transport and there isn't a natural spot between the and the capital and my flight home. The get near San Jose now option opens up more options...but it will be more crowded.
Pics from the hike today.
No comments:
Post a Comment