Wednesday, December 11, 2013

My lack of Spanish does not help

City tourism day to start things off today. Walked around of colonial Panama City (not to be confused with old old colonial Panama City which was burned to the ground by captain Morgan (the guy, not the rum)). There is a lot of construction going on to hollow out the buildings and put new condos and restating the historic shells. It reminds me a lot of San Juan.

Took a walk up a hill that was used as a strategic military outpost by the US for years to oversee the canal and city. Nice views of the city and canal from up there.

I eventually made my way to a causeway made of all the dirt from the canal for a pleasant walk and some late lunch.

I eventually settled into a park bench with some fruit juice and a wifi spot to try to line up a partial cruise through the canal tomorrow (still waiting on confirmation).

Not sure why I came back to somewhere equatorial and hot again so soon. Next time, I'm going to Greenland.

Also...I think so far I only forgot to pack my scuba license again. Good thing I still have the picture of it on my phone.

Pics of the skyline and from the hill out toward the canal.

No comments: