Thursday, August 15, 2013

Let the vacation spending begin!

I have a weird way of thinking about $ and budgeting when it comes to vacationing. Once I pull the trigger on the airfare, it becomes a sunk cost. It's money spent and it doesn't matter anymore. I honestly can't even remember what I paid for my round trip ticket to Singapore...which was bought all of a week ago. 

It's a different story with any spending I do at REI to re-stock and upgrade any supplies and equipment. That ends up stinging and I'll remember every bit of that spending even though much of what I buy will be used for years and years to come. Must be part of that same personal brain wiring that will have me staring at a $50 dress shirt at Nordstrom for 45 minutes before I can decide if it is worth it to buy it, but I'll walk out of a specialty beer shop after having dropped $200 and be thinking I wish I had bought more.

4 full days left before I leave.

Mixture of toiletries and travel medications. It'll be about 37 days on Malarone this trip (no hallucinations last time, just some very crazy dreams). 

Soaking the clothing in Permethrin to hopefully limit the mosquito feasting that seems to happen any time I go to the jungle.