Assembled on the bed in the picture below is virtually everything I will be packing for my trip.(not everything is in the picture)
- 2 pair of underwear (plus 1 pair of long johns)
- 7 pair of socks
- 6 shirts (which is probably too many) (2 are long sleeve)
- 2 pair of hiking pants that are convertible to shorts
- 1 rain jacket
- 1 heavy jacket
- 1 pair of running shoes
- Swim trunks
- trekking poles
- assorted toiletries
- sleeping bag
- mosquito net
- 2 travel towels
- 1 pair of gaiters
- gloves
- Sunglasses
- sun hat and beanie
- 2 water bottles
- Kindle, camera, zoom lens, assorted chargers
- and probably some other things I'm forgetting to list
Stuffing it all in the backpack...I end up with plenty of room left over to additionally pack my day pack inside and have a little room to spare so I don't have to do the very uncomfortable backpack on the front and on the back while on the circuit in Nepal.
It's amazing how much room a person saves by not having to travel with a tent, sleeping pad, and cooking equipment. Between that and the upgrade to my sleeping bag (the new one takes up half the volume of the old one!) it is positively roomy in my backpack. So much so that I am free to continue to wonder what I'm forgetting...
![]() |
| Not pictured: the camera |
