I haven't yet decided if today is going to set a new bar for most painful travel day ever for me. The current champion is the marathon day to get to Ethiopia from 3.5 years ago.
Here's how that one went down...
-early Monday morning 5 hour flight to IAD
-3 hour layover
-8 hour flight to FRA
-7 hour layover (actually left the airport to wander the city and buy some curry ketchup that I mailed to myself)
-4 hour flight to CAI
-4 hours of layover in an airport that didn't have a single vendor open for business at that time
-5 hour flight to ADD to arrive at 4:30 AM on Wednesday (featured flight attendants who shook my shoulder to wake me up from a dehydration induced delirious state of half sleep and slammed a tray of food down in front of me TWICE during the flight. I tried to say "no thanks" but it didn't matter)
-3 hour layover
-8 hour flight to FRA
-7 hour layover (actually left the airport to wander the city and buy some curry ketchup that I mailed to myself)
-4 hour flight to CAI
-4 hours of layover in an airport that didn't have a single vendor open for business at that time
-5 hour flight to ADD to arrive at 4:30 AM on Wednesday (featured flight attendants who shook my shoulder to wake me up from a dehydration induced delirious state of half sleep and slammed a tray of food down in front of me TWICE during the flight. I tried to say "no thanks" but it didn't matter)
Today's (and tomorrow's) agenda...
-9 hour flight to NRT leaving at just after noon today
-3 hour layover
-8 hour flight to SIN
-6 hour layover from midnight to 6 AM (Singapore's airport was voted best in the world for sleeping...I look forward to testing this rating out)
-1 hour flight to KUL
-1 hour layover
-5 hour flight to KTM arriving at just after noon on Thursday
You know...on second thought...maybe I will pack some sleeping pills for today...