Thursday, August 22, 2013

On the move again

Couple quick thoughts before I go hop on the bus to Besisahar and the start of the Annapurna Circuit

  • Taxi drivers will first ask if you want a ride...then will quickly transition to offering a number of drugs. It's kinda funny how quickly the follow up questions come.
  • The power went out a few times last night and when that ceiling fan stopped it got hot in a hurry. Looking forward to being in some snow soon.
  • I should keep one of my ATM receipts from here that shows my balance in Nepalese Rupees...I can feel like a millionaire! (It'll be in the billions in Indonesia though)
  • The Annapurna Circuit can take anywhere from 12-22 days and hits a peak elevation of 17800 feet. I'm tentatively planning on adding the Annapurna Sanctuary trek at the end of the trip to make it about 23-25 days total. This all depends on weather and how I deal with the altitude.
Off to enjoy a clown car bus experience for the next 6 hours!