(this was supposed to post last night...But the Internet was dead/dying...So posting it in the afternoon after my bus ride to Kathmandu)
Mostly a relaxation day in Pokhara today. Mostly. At least as best as I am capable of relaxing.
Rented a canoe type thing to row over to a short trail leading to a world peace pagoda on top of a hill. Short trip over the lake and then a 45 minute walk uphill in the heart and humidity of the morning to the stupa. On a clear day...the view would be amazing. Today...clouds and the fog of thick humidity. Oh well.
After some much needed mid-morning ice cream, the walk down the hill, and rowing back I went in search of the bazaar. Not so much was it anything special. Just a long walk in the heat for nothing but a dirty neighborhood.
By then it was beer:30. Lagers taste surprisingly well with curry.
Finished up the afternoon with the "trekkers special" massage. I think it supposed to include more Thai stretching...But the poor girl wasn't really strong enough to move my torso or legs. (have I mentioned that I'm too big for this continent? I think I already have suffered 10 concussions from doorways that are way too short)
Heading out to find a bar to watch the Nepal vs. Afghanistan soccer match with dinner.
Tomorrow on the bus to Kathmandu. Tuesday on the plane to KUL. It looks like I will need some luck to dive in the sipadan national park as it is booked it for weeks (C'mon, cancellation!), but I will get to dive around that area and according to the email from the guide they have been seeing whale sharks recently!
Pic below of the lake by Pokhara.
No comments:
Post a Comment