Quick update...
Today was back in the tourist bubble as I did a small tour of the area around Ubud to a few temples and holy places. It was some pretty scenery but nothing like the awesome randomness of yesterday.
The only really noteworthy part of today was the tourist watching...so many 50ish year old white women either traveling alone or as small packs. I assume after having read or watched eat, pray, love. For example, at the Holy spring, it was all locals in the spring...and a half dozen 50ish year old white women (not at travel traveling together). Even white guy with dreadlocks was having none of the spring. At least the women looked like they were having a great time. Good for them.
Lots of amazing scenery to look at today. Rice paddies, temples, volcanoes...and so green.
I also drank some coffee (like half a sip...so gross) when I visited a plantation where they make kopi luwak. Which for those who don't know is the coffee that is made from the digested beans from civet poop.
Tomorrow I go back to the coast and Amed. An afternoon on a black and beach and then on Sunday...my first ever wreck dive!
Pics below of some temples and rice paddies.
No comments:
Post a Comment