Saturday, October 05, 2013

The victory lap begins

So I was considering the last few days of my trip to be a bit of a victory lap. 3 days on Gili Trawangan and 2 days in Singapore. 3 days of reading on the beach and drinking fresh tropical fruit juices and beer and then 2 days eating my way through the tastescape that is Singapore.

Then I checked into my room in Amed.

Jaw dropping.

The view from my 4 post bed might be the best view I've ever had from a hotel room. The view from the toilet is the second best. The open air shower is incredible. The bay is beyond stunning. The sunset over the nearby volcano was breath taking.

Wow.

I'm so glad I came here.

Tomorrow I do my first ever wreck dive. It'll be the 3rd time I'll have had something not water over my head while under water and the first time I'll be entering a structure. It is a bizarre sensation to look up and not see sunlight while diving. This should be fun. Hoping to see more mantis shrimp and some bumphead parrotfish if I'm really lucky. Oh, and a 70 year old American ship that was sunk by the Japanese.

Less than a week left...kinda bittersweet, but I think I'm going out with a pretty amazing last week.

Pictures below of the view from my bungalow and the Amed area.

No comments: