Thursday, October 10, 2013

So that's an Asian thunderstorm...

Full day of walking around Singapore today. Walked down to the riverfront (found a bar to watch the Bears in tomorrow morning), then over to the giant ferris wheel, and to marina Bay, and then through Chinatown. All the while I was eating whatever Street food I could get my hands on...so good. Fresh fruit (the pineapple...seriously), satays, steamed pork buns, so much good stuff. Oh, and ice cream...because it is damn hot.

The ferris wheel was cool, go to look down on them taking the formula one setup apart from the race last month. The marina Bay sands hotel complex was...epic? They put a boat on top of a triple tower hotel. And that boat has a bar and infinity pool on it. I stopped by the bar for a few midday drinks. You can't see the pool without being a hotel guest currently. Oh well.

Chinatown was...Chinatown.

Later this afternoon...The sky opened. It had been threatening to for a while. Lots of black clouds all day. And wow. Rain. RAIN. And thunder. Serious thunder. Way serious. When the locals are taking it their phones to record what is going down...It is unique. Luckily I was just outside a craft beer shop when the nonsense began. What luck!

Found a hole in the wall food Chinese place for dinner. So good. But I'm excited to head out to the east coast for some black pepper crab tomorrow night as my send off dinner.

Dinner was enhanced by the bickering married couple trying to plan a vacation to France right next to me. Wow.

Pics below of the boat on a hotel, the skyline from the ferris wheel (with the greatest field turf city run field location ever), and the botanical garden area.

1 comment:

proteorosso said...

Please tell me you went to Newman's market for food.