Wonderful day walking around Copenhagen yesterday. According to my phone I managed to get in just under 30k steps wandering around.
It is a beautiful, clean, and orderly city. The infrastructure for bikes and public transit is incredibly impressive and there are people using both at all hours of the day.
I started off my visit with a visit to Mikkeller and Friends, a bar run by the Mikkeller brewery close to where my AirBnB apt was at on Friday night.
Saturday I walked through the neighborhood around the harbor and downtown and just...walked. Saw a lot of parks and the lakes in the city.
A few notes...
There was a Catholic church with an art installation with a complicated set of balances and different values and emotions on them. People signed stones and put them on the balance of their choice. "Hope" was in a slight lead over "Faith" for the overall lead (lowest sitting plate).
I had a Pulled Duck Burger from a food truck. I've not yet recovered from how unreal good it was. Pulled Duck! Seriously! I nearly hugged the truck after I got done eating.
In the old harbor, all of the restaurants and patios are on the north side of the narrow waterway...mostly likely because the south side walkway is ALWAYS in the shade of the buildings right there. (Much! easier to walk along that walkway)
There was a choir performing in a city square in the afternoon...I happened upon them as they were singing "Skyfall"...because...sure.
This morning at the airport, there was an angled moving sidewalk between the train platform and the airport level. As our train was riding the sidewalk up, there was a guy with his 3 sons coming down. He had some issues with his luggage ad the bottom and was trying to pick it all up while his luggage cart was half blocking the walkway. Boys being boys...his kids had stayed behind so they could RUN down the angled sidewalk at a pace that would be out of control. The first kid came down and was clotheslined by the luggage cart handle hitting him right in his cheek. His feet were well above his head on the way down. The second kid managed to miss the cart...but then the third one...BOOM! I kinda felt bad laughing...but also...not at all.
Pics below of the balance in the church, some crab salad I enjoyed, a couple views of the city, and a mermaid sculpture...and ALL OF THE PEOPLE TAKING PICTURES OF THE SCULPTURE!






No comments:
Post a Comment